Re: My test grid layout monstrosity (in case anyone else is interested)

* GSR - FR <famrom infernal-iceberg com> wrote:
> sawfish-list toykeeper net (2008-07-15 at 1308.09 -0600):
> > It would be nice if sawfish-pager could grow vertically as
> > workspaces are added (instead of only horizontally), but I
> > haven't bothered fixing it.
>
> Here it grows vertically up to a limit (start with 4, limit 8),
> then adds a new column and starts filling it (up to 16 ws),
> adds another column... so what do you mean exactly? Both
> vertically and horizontally?

Oh, I mean it would be nice if it could add rows instead of
columns.  I keep a column of system info on the right edge of my
screen, including a pager in the upper-right.  I want the pager
to grow downward instead of left.

I start with one desktop, add three more, and I have a 1x4
layout.  Then I generally add 8 more, and it becomes a 3x4
layout.  If I run out, I add 4 at a time, to make 4x4, 5x4,
etc...

What I would prefer is to start at 3x1, then grow to 3x2, 3x3,
etc.  This way, it has a maximum width.

-- Scott