Remaximazing all windows?

Hi Everybody,

First of all, my apologies. This is the first time I am trying to
write code for sawfish. And I am not a lisp expert.

I use a tablet, and when I rotate the screen the maximized windows do
not resize to the new boundaries of the display.

I am trying to create a function that does that, but I am running into
problems. My approach is to cycle over all windows, and check those
that are maximized. If they are, then I unmaximize it and maximize it
again. It sort of works.

My code is below. It works for fully maximized windows, and
vertically-maximized ones, but not for horizontally-maximized ones.

Also, it changes the current workspace to another one. That is why I
defined the varialbe curw, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Also, is there an easy way to test for compilation errors?  What I
currently do is to restart sawfish and hope for the best.

(defun dmg-remaximize-all ()
  "Make sure windows are maximized in the current boundaries of the display."
  (interactive)
  (let* (
         (wins (stacking-order))
         (len (length wins))
         (i (- len 1))
         (curw current-workspace)
         )
    (progn
      (while (>= i 0)
        (let* (
               (w  (nth i wins))
               (m  (window-maximized-p w))
               (h  (window-maximized-horizontally-p w))
               (v  (window-maximized-vertically-p w))
               )
          (cond
           ((and m)
            (progn
              (unmaximize-window w)
              (if (and v) (maximize-window-vertically w) (nil))
              (if (and h) (maximize-window-horizontally w) (nil))
              )
            ) ; end of (and m)
           )
          )