Re: again about "Alpha backgrounds"

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:46:31 +0100, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl>
wrote:
> Philip Langdale said:     (by the date of Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:06:04
-0800)

> Concluding:
>
> we are using xcompmgr. The transset is supposed to work on all
> windows, including gnome-terminal.
>
> We do not use Profile->Effects for gnome-terminal transparency.
> For every kind of transparency we are invoking transset and only
> transset. Doesn't matter whether we use trannset for firefox or
> gnome-terminal.

I'm not talking about transset. I'm talking about real transparency at
the application level like gnome-terminal does. That's what the patch
fixes. transset works on the toplevel window and alters the alpha of
it - including the frame. It's meant to be used on applications that
don't understand alpha and don't have options like gnome-terminal does.
You really don't want or need to use transset on gnome-terminal.

--phil