Re: Solution for UTF-8 chars in the title bar?

On Jan 16, 2008 3:52 PM, Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz <rodrigo nul-unu com> wrote:


> I wrote with these two
> problems in mind. It doesn't work perfectly yet, but it does solve (in
> my system) the problem of the window menu and some of the problems
> with titlebars. Please, if you can, give it a test, but be aware of
> the issues that were raised here on the list about it (url for the
> thread in the patch's page).

I've tested your patch again, as when i've tried it some weeks ago it
didn't fixed the windows menu, or so it appeared. With the first try
the entries were still blank, as i recalled, the second time they were
rendered correctly. The strange thing is that now even the unpatched
version renders correctly the Chinese/Japanese characters in the
windows menu. I've double checked that i'm effectively running the
official (Sid) Debian packages, so i'm quite puzzled, this morning the
render bug was present.

I'm going to test it with an Etch install, on another machine.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]