Re: Solution for UTF-8 chars in the title bar?

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 02:14:31PM +0100, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 11:27 AM, Peter Weilbacher <newsspam weilbacher org> wrote:
> > Good to see that things get moving again. I don't speak lisp, either,
> > so I can't really help with the programming. I just wanted to hear, if
> > somebody knows a solution for displaying titles with UTF-8 chars with
> > sawfish?
> Sawfish can display windows title with UTF-8 chars, for example some
> kanji or east european characters, sadly the window menu still seems
> to have problems with titlebar with kanji on them (IIRC they appears
> blank).
> > It's kind of annoying that every time I switch to a browser
> > tab that contains a Bugzilla webpage, the title doesn't change at all.
> > (If one of the patches listed on
> > does this then that is not apparent to me from the description. Haven't
> > had a chance to try them yet...)

I wrote with these two
problems in mind. It doesn't work perfectly yet, but it does solve (in
my system) the problem of the window menu and some of the problems
with titlebars. Please, if you can, give it a test, but be aware of
the issues that were raised here on the list about it (url for the
thread in the patch's page).

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]