Re: mxflat-tabbed

> > Scott Scriven said:     (by the date of Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:08:03 -0600)
> >
> > >   - With user-configurable buttons and positions and such, it may
> > >     be difficult to figure out where exactly the title area is...
> > >     So far, the position of the title area has been hard-coded
> > >     into the user's tab config, so the problem is getting the tab
> > >     code and the theme code to communicate.
> >
> > Ouch. That may be a problem indeed. The tab code cannot read the
> > variables in a theme? (because they don't exist in not-tabbed themes?)
> >
> > Fernando, do you have any idea how to do that?
> >
> > I think that the best (and only?) solution is to ask theme about
> > that.

heh,  I just got an even simpler idea. Expose tab-bar-start and
tab-bar-end in sawfish-ui as a configuration variable of Tabs! So
communicating with themes is not necessary at all. This place seems even
more logical than putting it inside a theme.

And I have just learned today (by looking at Re-expose_viewport-dimensions
patch) how simple it is to add stuff into sawfish-ui. Just declare
them as (defcustom ..) not (defvar ..) !

This way it is still "hardcoded". But changeable by the user.

Christopher Bratusek said: (by the date of Wed, 06 Aug 2008 16:11:30 +0200)

> What about putting tabs into sawfish.wm.ext.tabs ?
>
> I guess "ext" to mean "extension", so it would be a good place for the
> tab code, in my eyes.

yeah, I think so too. But not sure :)