Fedora, Sawfish, and gnome-panel

I've had a problem for a while whenever I replace metacity with sawfish on a
new Fedora install. On start-up, the gnome-panel does not display. If I kill
it, the panel restarts and is viewable.

Each time this has hapened, the first time the panel updated the problem
went away, so I never really "solved" it. However, I now have a Thinkpad
A30p running Fedora 6 that still exhibits this problem. Moreover, killing
the panel doesn't always bring it back. Sometimes the process restarts but
is not visibile, I have to shutdown and  try again

Has anyone else run into this ?

Chris Candreva  -- chris westnet com -- (914) 948-3162
http://www.westnet.com/