Re: Fedora, Sawfish, and gnome-panel

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 09:39:45AM -0500, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> I've had a problem for a while whenever I replace metacity with sawfish on a
> new Fedora install. On start-up, the gnome-panel does not display. If I kill
> it, the panel restarts and is viewable.
>
> Has anyone else run into this ?

No. I have sawfish running with a similar setup, and also with
"rawhide" test installation, and nothing of that sort happens.
My best guess would be that you have something on a panel which
does not start properly and this may block the whole panel.
I have seen effects of that sort when something was broken in
"rawhide" and a window manager used was irrelevant.

Debugging things of that sort is a PITA but you may get
creative in your ~/.sawfish/rc and log events, processes, etc.

   Michal