Make progams open windows in specified workspace

Hi!

Can someone tell me how to make program windows open in a specified
desktop? I'm using x.org and sawfish only, and want to build a
customized startup script that opens several xterms and firefox but I
can't find a way to specify a workspace to open in.

I guess it's more than a simple parameter, like first switching the
workspace and then open the window? But it doesn't seems like a very
good solution because you don't even know how long to want for the
window to open in most cases.

I have searched a lot on google but not found a real answer.

Please help.

Regards/
Carlis