Re: Emacs frame don't get focused

Vladimir Zolotykh <gsmith eurocom od ua> writes:
> On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 23:33:15 +0200
> "Andrea Vettorello" <andrea vettorello gmail com> wrote:
>> I'm not giving a lot of help, but with different Sawfish and Emacs
>> versions(Sid) i get the frames focused when i switch between them. For
>> the records, i'm using enter-only as focus method.

Also seems to work with XEmacs in click-to-focus mode.  I am running
Debian as well, Sawfish and XEmacs from unstable.

> What possible merits of using enter-only focus compared to click
> focus do you see?

It is quick, particularly when you are typing: you just shove the
mouse, you don't need to grab it well enough to push a button.  It is
also naturally independent of other functions: you don't need to think
whether the click will pass through to the application or not.

The flip side is that other methods of changing focus, such as window
cycling or a popup automatically getting focused, cause focus to end
up in a different window than the pointer, which is an anomaly.  It
can be avoided by warping the pointer, but that is also confusing.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>