Re: The sound of silence :-(

Incoming from geoff cs hmc edu:
> One question I asked a long while ago, which never got answered, is
> how to create a menu that's permanently visible.  I was very fond of
> the TWM icon manager, which gave me a list of all window names that I

I'm running stock Debian Woody (3.0r2) w Gnome, which comes with two
panels: Gnome (with the foot) and something else (which identifies
itself with "Gnome Desktop Guide pager").  The latter includes a
button with a "down arrow", clicking on which displays a twm-ish list
of active apps.

I've killed the gnome panel, but love the other one (whatever it is).

- -