Re: property_notify: refresh_frame_parts hardwired.
- From: John Harper <jsh unfactored org>
- To: mmc maruska dyndns org (=?windows-1252?q?Michal_Maru=9Aka?=)
- Cc: sawfish-list <sawfish-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: property_notify: refresh_frame_parts hardwired.
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:26:40 -0800
On Jan 13, 2004, at 3:39 PM, Michal Maruška wrote:
Someone on IRC asked, how to avoid a form of DOS attack caused by a
changes its window name continuously.
I suggested using a timer in a function in prop-changes, instead of
usually register(a direct call to rebuild-frame).
But a closer look at events.c, property_notify, shows, that the frame
hardwired in C.
Is there any reason for
w->property_change = refresh_frame_parts;
in list_frame_generator (frames.c) ?
originally I envisaged having different C-based frame implementations,
hence those function pointers. It didn't happen that way though
if this issue became a serious problem, the first way I would try to
fix it would be to move the entire property notification code onto a
timer, with coalescing of events referring to the same window/property
pair that arrive before the timer fires
] [Thread Prev