Re: The sound of silence :-(

One question I asked a long while ago, which never got answered, is
how to create a menu that's permanently visible.  I was very fond of
the TWM icon manager, which gave me a list of all window names that I
could click to iconify or uniconify.  I'd like to duplicate that
feature, but haven't figured out how to do a permanent menu (my time
for learning is unfortunately very limited).

It was especially cool because pointing at a window name would focus
there.  I kept it at the edge of the screen, and 99% of the time my
mouse lived there.  Combined with autoraise, I could zip between
windows way faster than I can with sawfish.
--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff cs hmc edu   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

McDonald's, which does not wait on your table, does not cook your food
to order, and does not clear your table, came up with the slogan ``We
Do It All For You.''
	-- Dave Barry