Re: [sabayon] Misc questions

On 01/28/2010 04:51 PM, Warren Togami wrote:
On 01/28/2010 04:16 PM, Scott Balneaves wrote:
4. After you have saved GConf keys, where can you browse the saved
GConf keys in order to edit or delete them from the profile?
The "Details" button in the Profile Editor shows only files and
directories.

Top two items should be "Mandatory GConf Settings" and "Default GConf
Settings"
in the details pane. Double clicking them should bring up a gconf viewer.

It appears that we might be seeing different behavior here. I don't see
Mandatory GConf Settings or Default GConf Settings in the Details pane.

It seemed that the upgrade from 2.29.2 to 2.29.5 had made the "Mandatory GConf settings" and "Default GConf settings" disappear from the details pane, but it turns out that they were only hiding somewhere in the middle of the list of files. It seems that the code isn't forcing them to be at the top of the list. I am however seeing "Web browser {bookmarks,preferences,profile}" at the top of the list.

Perhaps we should force order of saved items in the details pane, something like:

GConf stuff
Web browser stuff
Files/Directories/Symlinks, etc.

Then Files/Directories/Symlinks could be made easier to read by sorting the listing alphabetically, and perhaps including icons for "File" "Directory" and "Symlink" on the left so you very obviously know what you are looking at.

I'll file bugs and work on patches for this.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com