Re: [sabayon] While I'm at it, potential change to sabayon. Input, please!

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 09:20 -0600, Scott Balneaves wrote:

> comes to mind.  I'm not 100% up on my FHS, but /usr/share/sabayon might also be
> an option.
>
> I'd prefer, myself, to just use "sabayon" instead of "sabayon-profiles",
> because as a first step to cleaning up the logging issue, it might be nice to
> read the sabayon-debug-log.conf file from the /etc directory as well, so a more
> generic name would be preferable.

$(sysconfdir)/sabayon sounds good - that would be /etc/sabayon in most
cases.

I don't think you want /usr/share/sabayon, as /usr is supposed to be
able to be read-only.

Would you have /etc/sabayon/profiles in addition to the
toplevel /etc/sabayon?  Putting the debug log's config file
in /etc/sabayon makes a lot of sense.

  Federico