Re: [sabayon] Searching for new Sabayon maintainer

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 11:16 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> El vie, 15-12-2006 a las 17:13 +0100, Alexander Larsson escribió:
> > I've been the official Sabayon maintainer for a while now, but the truth
> > is that I have zero time for it, so I've been mostly ignoring it.
> > However, this is an important application, and its important that it
> > gets maintainance and more feature work. So, I'm looking for a new
> > maintainer that has time to give the proper care and love to Sabayon.
>
> Me, me, me!
>
> I'm about to start doing a lot of work in Sabayon and related things
> (defining lockdown keys for various apps, defining a lockdown API for
> desktopwide things, etc.), so it would make sense to officially maintain
> Sabayon :)

Lockdown itself isn't imho very interesting in sabayon. All the lockdown
work is done in Pessulus (which has other maintainers) and then lifted
straight into Sabayon. The really unique thing about sabayon is user
settings management.

What i think is badly needed for sabayon is:
* Look through bugzilla
* Fix the firefox settings backend that keeps duplicating bookmarks on
each login
* Make another pass through gnome to make sure don't write things
unnecessary to gconf on login/startup.
* Additions to the gconf backend to make it bunch together some related
settings with nicer descriptions
* More settings backends (openoffice, kde, common apps) so that more
apps can be handled
* Write docs on how to deploy sabayon
* Talk to actual deployers of sabayon and get feedback

Anyway, if you want to take over sabayon, that sounds like a good plan.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a Nobel prize-winning hunchbacked werewolf with a robot buddy named
Sparky. She's a transdimensional renegade nun who can talk to animals. They
fight crime!