[sabayon] Sabayon update crashed our profiles

hello,

The recent sabayon update (sabayon-2.12.1-1) on our fedora 4 system cannot read
the old sabayon profile we created for our 2000 students :-(
I don't see how to convert the old one to the ne one ? is it possible ?
if not, to cope with the urgency .. I recreated the profile we distribute with
the new version, but there's at least one thing I cannot do anymore -> create
icons on the desktop. New version works fine for personalizations in the gnome
panel, but I used to drag and drop icons from the menu to the desktop
background, it works in sabayon edition, but after saving it and restarting it,
 all icons on the desktop has deseapeared :-( .
If you could give me at least one solution (convert the old profile, or a way to
recreate icons (launchers ...) on the desktop) I'll be out of urgency ... .

Thanks a lot .