Re: [sabayon] Sabayon update crashed our profiles

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:04 +0100, Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
> hello,
>
> The recent sabayon update (sabayon-2.12.1-1) on our fedora 4 system cannot read
> the old sabayon profile we created for our 2000 students :-(
> I don't see how to convert the old one to the ne one ? is it possible ?
> if not, to cope with the urgency .. I recreated the profile we distribute with
> the new version, but there's at least one thing I cannot do anymore -> create
> icons on the desktop. New version works fine for personalizations in the gnome
> panel, but I used to drag and drop icons from the menu to the desktop
> background, it works in sabayon edition, but after saving it and restarting it,
>  all icons on the desktop has deseapeared :-( .
> If you could give me at least one solution (convert the old profile, or a way to
> recreate icons (launchers ...) on the desktop) I'll be out of urgency ... .

I just tested with the latest version in cvs, (which was just released
as 2.12.2). It seems to correctly handle dropping a file from the menu
to the desktop. quit+save and then edit again shows the file.

When you add the file in the editor, does it show in the changes window?

Also, its interesting that someone has actually deployed sabayon. What
do you like it? How did you set it up?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a suicidal vegetarian romance novelist with no name. She's a mistrustful
cigar-chomping pearl diver trying to make a difference in a man's world. They
fight crime!