RE: Rygel Stream Location Changes with each Re-start

Using gupnp-universal-cp to examine a rygel stream, I see this for the
location on successive re-boots:

http://192.168.1.190:39889/62444c39-0ae6-4df2-a2b8-099a45556ec7.xml
http://192.168.1.190:35986/ac3c5696-8486-4028-823d-6c03634bd277.xml

That is an issue described in the faq. Your system time is either older than the date of the installed
template
 files or the home directory of the user running rygel is not persisted during reboots.

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Rygel/FAQ#Rygel_keeps_changing_its_UUID_on_every_start

Ah - I hadn't seen that - thanks

On a space constrained device like the RPi3, I don't really want to save /home/$USER as it just gets bigger
and bigger until the SD card fills up (tinycorelinux runs entirely in RAM and nothing is saved unless
specifically stated).

I looked at the other UPnP devices on the LAN and all of them separate their location and UDN so that the
location does not change, for example:

Location http://192.168.1.160:9000/TMSDeviceDescription.xml
UDN uuid:55076f6e-6b79-4d65-6403-0014fd1895dc

..and rygel is the only one that does not - could this be considered as a feature request?

If I understand correctly, rygel cannot parse playlists, so I am
obliged to create a playlist on the control point (in this case the
Naim iOS App for my Naim streamer).

Semi-correct. Given a UPnP controller that supports it, you can create playlists on the server
(when running on MediaExport and I have not seen such a controller in the wild).
There are patches for exposing on-disk playlists for Tracker and MediaExport, but both need some love.

Do you have a link to the tracker patch?

The problem is, each time I re-boot the machine running rygel, the
control point playlist is rendered invalid due to the change in the
rygel stream location address.

Is there a way to force rygel to always use the same port?

-p on connmandline or port=.... in config

Sorry - I should have seen that, fixed now.