Re: Problem with lost subscription (possibly due to Unauthorised error)

Hi,

Hi,

> I have two different Samsung TVs (model/years) that report the status
> via DLNA. One of them is giving me problems where subscription only
> works the first time TV is started. When TV is turned off and then
> back on I lose subscription that is setup like:
>
>    gupnp_service_proxy_add_notify (av_transport,
>                  "LastChange",
>                  G_TYPE_STRING,
>                  on_last_change,
>                  NULL);
>
> The other TV is working perfectly. Could it be due to the
> Unauthorised error from the TV? (it seems to retry the first time)

Could be. Samsung's access control is a bit weird in places. I suppose
you did "pair" samsung and your app?

No, I don't think there is any pairing that I can do.

One thing that I just observed is if I have two terminal windows open and one is running my program and when I get the device_proxy_available_cb I exec a "http://192.168.0.186:7676/smp_18_" in the other terminal. Then I'll get "401 Unauthorised" during the first couple of seconds. So it seems the TV is not really ready to respond to the request right away?

Regards,

           Per