Re: Original Xbox clients hacks

On 14/02/17 08:47, Jens Georg wrote:

The "platinum" user agent also applies to the XBMC/Kodi hacks which
need some fiddling with mime-types, also I don't like that specific
version. Is there anything more distinct to the xbmc4xbox?

Exactly, that's what I included the specific version used by xbmc4xbox to
not interfere with other platforms. I don't like it either... here is
what
xbmc4xbox uses as user-agents:

Browsing: Platinum/0.5.3.0, DLNADOC/1.50
Getting files: XBMC/3.5.3-r33027 (Xbox; http://www.xbmc.org)

Without patching xbmc4xbox I don't see that many options.

Sorry, I forgot about this before the release. I will try to take care
about
this for the next release.

No problem. I've submited a slightly improved version of the patch on the bug tracker as requested. It now only transcodes videos that are too heavy (resolution-wise) for
the xbox to decode by itself.