Re: Streaming to DLNA devices

Hi Mark,

yest to both - the interface is clearly as you describe it "a test DMC" and yes I do understand this project is about the APIs.

And I am looking for "some beautiful HTML5 DLNA enabled application" :-) Preferably with full functionality of Amarok or Rhythmbox, and range of plugins for things like Spotify, LastFM, BruteFIR ... so it seems I would be waiting for a while ... :-)

But I will be on my way to solving my needs if I can get to push stream to DLNA devices, and that way treat them as I am treating my other network "sinks" (for the lack of the better name) - Apple AirPlay devices/Airport Express/AirTunes (RAOP), Bluetooth A2DP devices, Logitech Squeezeboxes, Sonos players, locally connected USB DAC... all controlled by a mature web-based, technology-agnostic music playing app, such as LMS. It's not perfect, but it is still the best web-based interface for playing music around.

And SBS has one killer 'feature': It can control multiple destinations to play multiple music streams - or the same one, or any combination of above. And it can synchronize playback to multiple devices, and transfer current playlists between them. Everything else (All MPD based interfaces, Subsonic, Ampache,...) and only play one track at the rime, optionally to multiple destinations, but still - ONE track at the time.

And streaming to DLNA (instead of pulling music files themselves to play) also works around gap-less playback issue and the requirement to have CP trigger next track, transfer of control between control point (the web one, remote on my phone, ...) etc etc...

Thanks,
Andrej

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Mark D Ryan <mark d ryan linux intel com> wrote:
Hi Andrej,

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 12:03 +1300, Andrej Falout wrote:

> One last question: It would help me very much if I could find this two
> utilities:
>

> 1) a command-line control point, which can push URL to renderer,
> stop/play/pause, change volume etc....
>
> 2) A web browser control point. I am aware of dLeyna Cloud, but that
> is barely a prototype

By barely a prototype, do you mean that the UI is a little ugly or are
you having some problems with the stability of the code or with missing
functionality?  Just to clarify, the purpose of cloud-dleyna is not to
deliver a web browser control point but rather to provide a set of JS
APIs that people can use to build such control points in HTML5.  We do
provide a test DMC but this is simply intended for use in testing and
certification.  The intention is that someone who has some talent in Web
design can use our APIs to easily build some beautiful HTML5 DLNA
enabled applications.

Best Regards,

Mark