Re: Rygel created UPnP stream help please

On Fr, 2013-03-08 at 14:20 +1300, Andrej Falout wrote:

Ah, sorry: Can you try to set my-dlnaprofile=MP3 and see if that helps?
I forgot that without that there are no flags generated.

Thanks Jens,

Looking at the bug reports, this issue shows up repeatedly.

Now I see that my Samsung TV has the same issue. Both my TV and Onkio
receivers are DLNA certified, so I wonder.... how did they pass DLNA
test 7.3.33.4 ?

Sadly, using Rygel is the only way I found to create a UPnP compliant
stream, and now, it turns out it cant be used with at least 50% of
DLNA devices in the market (Samsung being by far largest manufacturer
of DLNA TVs and BD players, and Onkyo being the largest manufacturer
of DLNA receivers). I do appreciate this is there issue, not Rygel's
but this fact unfortunately does not help me ...

Is there any chance for a workaround/fix, or do I need to look for
another solution?

Possibly vendor specific? Or via a configuration option for a specific
GstLaunch item?

Thanks, Andrej

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:

        > (rygel:15141): Rygel-WARNING **: rygel-http-request.vala:91:
        Invalid
        > seek request

        Yes, I'm sorry, this is bug 674736 which can't be fixed easily
        without
        breaking DLNA compliance. Basically the Onkyo shouldn't try to
        seek here
        or try again without seeking after receiving this error.