Re: Streaming to DLNA devices

Opps almost missed your email...

Yes, I noticed it can do all that, but only in interactive mode - I added command line flags to it so I can use that functionality from scripts and that way integrate it with my setup.

I am still using renderer path (/com/intel/RendererServiceUPnP/server/x) as I did not had time to figure out how to select renderer with UUID in rendererconsole.py - which is not ideal as path changes every time rendererService is started.

I'll do that as soon as I get my DLNA devices working correctly, and then I can make a patch if you think it might be useful to others.... which may be so, as I did not find any other command line control points ..?

Cheers,
Andrej

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Mark D Ryan <mark d ryan linux intel com> wrote:
Hi Andrej,

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 14:17 +1300, Andrej Falout wrote:

>         > 1) a command-line control point, which can push URL to
>         renderer,
>         > stop/play/pause, change volume etc....
>

>         Not really.
>

> Bummer. That would help people trying to script things .. like me :-)
> I think rendererconsole.py is about to have a surgery :-)

You can do most of this already with rendererconsole.py.  Play, pause,
stop, two-box-push, set position are already supported.  It also allows
you to change a renderer's volume.  There is a posting on the dLeyna
mailing list that provides some information about using
rendererconsole.py.

http://lists.01.org/pipermail/dleyna/2012-December/000047.html

Please let us know if you feel anything is missing.  Or even better,
send us some patches!

Best Regards,

Mark