Re: Rygel created UPnP stream help please

Hi Andrej,

Where you able to see anything useful from my tcpdump?

The only thing I noticed from the tcpdump is that you are not providing the DMR with any meta data when calling open_uri. As I said in a previous email this may be the problem as the DLNA compliant DMR might require this information to play the file. But I'm only guessing.

Can you name some devices you test ("streaming-to") against so I can see
if I can get one to test against?

Do you mean the devices we use to test the GST-Launch plugin? If so we have never tested this.

I will have to modify both mediaconsole.py and renderer-console first to
accept command line flags. Then I will try this.

However, it looks like this functionality really belongs into
renderer-console, especially as you say that renderer.open_uri cannot
work at all as it does not provide meta data, and
the purpose of renderer.open_uri_ex is to make use of it...?

mediaconsole is for discovering, browsing and manipulating DMSs and rendererconsole is for discovering and manipulating DMRs. As the meta data is provided by the DMS you need to use mediaconsole's get_meta_data method to retrieve this information. It's an XML document. Once you have it you can use rendererconsole's open_uri_ex method to pass this XML document to the DMR.

That would be great and simply things for me quite a bit. I think I'll
wait for this to be updated before I start working on them - can you
please let us know when you may be able to commit this update?

I've submitted some pull requests but they haven't been integrated yet. You can take the new functions directly from my pull requests if you want.

https://github.com/01org/dleyna-server/pull/85
https://github.com/01org/dleyna-renderer/pull/63

As, an example of their use

>>> manager = Manager()
>>> root = manager.renderer_from_name("XBMC")
>>> root.print_props()
{
    "CanControl": 1,
    "CanGoNext": 1,