Re: Rygel created UPnP stream help please

Hi Andrej,

> Onkyo returned error is:
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> com.intel.RendererServiceUPnP.OperationFailed: Operation failed:
> Resource not found

We have one bug in the dLeyna bug database where we get the "Resource Not Found" error.

https://github.com/01org/dleyna-server/issues/63

This bug occurred when the DMS and the DMC where multihomed but the DMR was only connected to a single network. We got the "Resource not Found" error because we were passing the DMR a URL that was valid only for a network to which it was not connected. Do you have a similar set up? If so, perhaps this is your problem.

If not, the only other problem I can think of from the client point of view is that renderer-service-upnp is not passing any meta data to the DMR, e.g.,

<CurrentURIMetaData></CurrentURIMetaData>

If this really is the problem, you will need to update to the latest version of the dLeyna-components called dLeyna-server and dLeyna-renderer. In fact, you should do this anyway as the old dLeyna repositories, renderer-service-upnp and media-service-upnp are no longer maintained ( https://lists.01.org/pipermail/dleyna/2013-March/000113.html )

If you look in dleyna-renderer/test/dbus/rendererconsole.py you will see that there is a new method, open_uri_ex that takes an extra parameter, the meta data. You can retrieve the meta data value using a new dLeyna-server method, available in dleyna-renderer/test/dbus/mediaconsole.py under the name, get_metadata.

Hope this helps,

Mark