Re: how to display Chinese audio file name when media export

On Di, 2012-07-10 at 12:42 +0800, Soho Soho123 wrote:
> Excuse me!!
> Let me explain more detail.
>
> When I enable mediaexport , I can see the folder from windows 7 media player,
> but the albums information of each file can not be recognized.
> I do not have idea about how to set language for embedd system.
> I just install /locale/zh_TW, /locale/zh_CN, /locale/en_GB.
> what environment parameter needed to set?
> or
> I have to modify parameter when I try to mount USB disk?
> Since the mediaexport source is from USB disk.

If your MP3 files have proper meta-data then it should display whatever
is in there. It definitely works here, even with a german system locale.

However, we do not do any clever encoding guessing if the MP3 only has
IDv1 tags. This is quite complicated and hard to get right. So if your
MP3s are using that, it might be just broken. If you use IDv2 with
proper UTF-8 encoded information, it should work.