Re: how to reduce runtime memory footprint and reduce object code

On Mo, 2012-07-09 at 22:18 +0800, Soho Soho123 wrote:

> If I just want to use "MediaExport" and "Renderer" function only.
> How to build the object code for MediaExport and Renderer only?
> Not only disable other plungin but also without the code in the folder
> /src/rygel/* that are not for MediaExport and Renderer.

That's not possible without patching the code.

> Because I can see rygel use the memory about 30MB when MediaExport enabled.
> It is too much for our embedded system. My target platform max memory
> is 64MB only.

> And the other side,
> How to reduce the size of Rygel's object code?
> How many code are not necessary for MediaExport and renderer in /src/rygel/*?

If you use a server and a renderer, you're virtually using everything,
you could reduce it by disabling transcoding, though that would need
some patching.

> And If I just want to use Renderer ONLY,

If you only want to use the renderer, you could drop a lot of source
files there, but that would mean manipulating the build. It should be
anything relating to http, transcoding, items and containers.