Re: Sony BDS580 client

On 27/04/12 09:42, Jens Georg wrote:

>> > 4. Music track order does not reflect track numbers
> Short version: That's your client's fault.
>
> Long version: If the client does not ask us for a proper sort order -
> and apparently no hardware vendor bothers to implement that - we need to
> chose one. Currently that's by title. There are several bugs open about
> that already.

It's not just hardware vendors.  vlc on the Mac displays tracks in
alphabetical order until it has played them all and then resets them
according to the (flac) metadata.   The iOS 8player (Lite) also displays
the tracks in alphabetical order.

It would be nice to have sorting metadata so that "Mike Oldfield" can be
sorted as "Oldfield, Mike" as well as track ordering within albums, but
now I'm aware of that I might be able to do something about it.

jch