Re: Fullscreen?

On Mo, 2011-11-07 at 19:52 +0800, "Andy Green (林安廸)" wrote:

Yes, I also want an option to have a properly scaled aspect-aware
full-screen mode, however...

> >   You are correct that a lot of people use it and its still being
> > maintained/developed but very few people use it as media renderer
> > AFAIK. Most people use it as a media server. BTW, Rygel has support
> > for MPRIS2 and any player that supports that is exposed as media
> > renderer by Rygel so you might want to explore that option. Adding
> > that support to totem is somewhere on my todo list.
>
> OK but it does do media rendering and it does show signs of doing it
> well actually, since it wisely decided to leverage all the gstreamer work.

And there lies the problem. It's just a front-end to gstreamer's
playbin2 which then uses autovideosink. If you have a solution for
making that go full-screen without depending on sth. like libwnck/GTK+
etc. I'm happy to accept it. Should be configurable, because starting
full-screen would really annoy me when I use it for debugging purposes.

> It just needs to revisit the idea that it should start small.  I don't
> think there is actually a use-case that wants that, every use-case I can
> think of wants the media rendered across the whole display surface at
> all times after the user indicated he wants to see something.

Starting small is just what playbin2 does by default. Also when using
the renderer (