Re: Rygel user documentation?

> My /etc/rygel.conf is pretty standard: setting the media-directories,
> setting the http port to 5001 (although I cannot see a webpage in my
> browser).

That's probably because we don't have a presentation page (i.e. serving
nothing).

> I receive the following errors/warnings in my log-file after starting
> rygel:

[log]

> I guess those errors/warnings are not important: it is complaining I
> don't have X or tracker installed. I did disable the tracker-plugin, so
> that message should probably not be returned at all.

Yes, they come from the failing attempt of creating a DBus session.
Actually you can remove those plugins (apart from MediaExport), they're
pretty much useless without DBus.

> I don't know what the 'IMDCT transform'-errors mean. They didn't show up
> the last time I started Rygel, and in the mean time I only installed the
> good, bad and ugly plugins from gst.

That comes from gstreamer while trying to read your video files.