Re: File extensions and transcoding to DLNA formats

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 22:38 +0200, Daniel Piñeiro wrote:
> Do you mean that Rygel won't transcode correctly the input stream to
> MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO or MPEG_TS_HD_NA_ISO if it does not match any existing
> profile?

No, I just mean that it will not be able to detect a DLNA profile for
that file. I don't know why you're facing a problem with transcoding.
Perhaps someone else can help with that.

> I'll have a look at how it is done and I hope to contribute with some
> AVC_TS profiles.

Great! Feel free to ask questions if you get stuck. As a quick tip, you
will probably need to ignore both the AVC profile/level restrictions for
now, as we don't really get that information for AVC in MPEG-TS. This
will need some work at the GStreamer level which I will also look into
soon.

Thanks,
Arun