Re: File extensions and transcoding to DLNA formats

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 22:01 +0200, Daniel Piñeiro wrote:
> I am using Rygel 0.8.0 from the ppa:cszikszoy/upnp.
> I didn't had the command gupnp-dlna-info (gupnp-dlna-tools) when I did
> the test. Is that the problem? Is it required?
> I've just installed gupnp-dlna-tools and the output is:

That is not the problem. Your file should actually match something like
the AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5 profile which we don't support yet (MPEG_TS_*
are for MPEG-2 video, not H.264).

As a beginning, you could try adding a new profile
to /usr/share/gupnp-dlna/dlna-profiles/avc.xml based on
AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC and the definition of MPEG_TS at
profiles /usr/share/gupnp-dlna/dlna-profiles/mpeg-ts.xml. Let me know if
you need help with this.

I'll be adding the ability to create custom profiles locally so you
don't need to modify installed files soon.

Cheers,
Arun