RE: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

Thanks for the suggestions:

-----Original Message-----
From: rygel-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:rygel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Jens Georg
Sent: Wednesday, 21 October, 2009 15:11
To: GNOME UPnP/DLNA services
Subject: RE: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

Am Mittwoch, den 21.10.2009, 08:23 +0200 schrieb John Frankish:
> Thanks - I added gst-plugins-base and it looks like things started to work. Apart from connecting something like a ps3 to the same network and attempting to play the streamed music, is there a way to verify rygel is working?

You may want to install more plugins, most of the interesting stuff is
in bad or ugly (mp3, h264, aac etc.)

For checking if rygel works you can use the gst-render branch of rygel
(that comes with a media-renderer) and gupnp-av-cp (in gupnp-tools) or
any other tool that is a MediaRenderer and a ControlPoint (but be aware
that some devices only claim to be that or are only able to act like
those in very special circumstances)

I tested things out by using rygel from a laptop connected on a local network with music (mp3) files on an external networked hard drive (maxstor mss+) and a ps3 (firmware 3.01). Gstreamer and gst-plugins-base were installed.

The ps3 took 15-30s to find the media server and 15-30s to find each  level of the folder structure, for example Group_Name -> Album1, Album2, .. AlbumN - there were a number of errors of the form:

a DNLA protocol error has occurred (2014) - there are no images
a DNLA protocol error has occurred (2006) - there are no images

..and I was unable to see the music files (mp3) in any of the albums although I could see the group names and the album names without too many errors.

Note that on the same local network, firefly running on the mss+ serves 1,000s of music files in a few seconds to a roku soundbridge.

1. Do I need to compile the gst-plugin with mp3 (which one is it?) before I will see the mp3 files on the ps3?
2. Why are there so many dnla protocol errors?
3. Do I need to do anything with the section below in rygel.conf?

[GstLaunch]
enabled=false
launch_items=audiotestsrc;videotestsrc;videotestoverlay
audiotestsrc_title=Audiotestsrc
audiotestsrc_mime=audio/x-wav
audiotestsrc_launch=audiotestsrc ! wavenc
videotestsrc_title=Videotestsrc
videotestsrc_mime=video/mpeg
videotestsrc_launch=videotestsrc ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! mpegtsmux
videotestoverlay_title=Videotestsrc with timeoverlay 2
videotestoverlay_mime=video/mpeg
videotestoverlay_launch=videotestsrc ! timeoverlay ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! mpegtsmux