RE: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

> Thanks for the reply - see below

the tracker plugin is included, though you need to run tracker to use
it.

The tracker plugin and the media-export plugin provide more or less the
same functionality; tracker-plugin uses meta-data from tracker while
media-export collects it itself.

>  - What are the warning messages?
> $ rygel
> ** (rygel:3013): DEBUG: rygel-main.vala:110: new network context lo (127.0.0.1) available.
> ** (rygel:3013): DEBUG: rygel-main.vala:110: new network context eth0 (163.183.3.38) available.
> UnQuote

And this is all output? Are there any plugins in $prefix/lib/rygel-1.0 ?
Could you run rygel in gdb, hit ctrl-c, use "thread all apply backtrace"
and mail that output?

>  - which version of gupnp are you using? libgupnp-0.13.0
>  - are you using your distro's package of gupnp? no, compiled from scratch
>  - are you using NetworkManager for your devices or do you configure
>    them another way? I'm not using NetworkManager, which devices are you speaking of?

Ok. As rygel is finding your network devices, you're using the correct
context manager, so no problem there.