rygel-0.4.2 will not start

Hi,

I've compiled rygel-0.4.2 without problems, but cannot make it run. A couple of questions:

1. Using rygel-preferences, I can update the various conf file settings but "enable upnp/dnla" is not alterable - i.e. I check the box in the gui, but when I open it again it is unchecked. After closing the gui, I get this error:

** (rygel-preferences:15495): WARNING **: rygel-user-config.vala:325: Failed to start Rygel service: Error making symbolic link: No such file or directory

What symbolic link? No such file or directory where?

I do not see where to set upnp/dnla to "true" in the conf file.

2. I set the log level to "debug" in the conf file, but no log file is written. Is rygel meant to write a log file? If so, where?

3. starting rygel manually from a terminal window, result in two or three warning messages, but it does not appear to be running.

Any ideas as to the problem or where I can look for more help?

Thanks, John