RE: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

Am Mittwoch, den 21.10.2009, 08:23 +0200 schrieb John Frankish:
> Thanks - I added gst-plugins-base and it looks like things started to work. Apart from connecting something like a ps3 to the same network and attempting to play the streamed music, is there a way to verify rygel is working?

You may want to install more plugins, most of the interesting stuff is
in bad or ugly (mp3, h264, aac etc.)

For checking if rygel works you can use the gst-render branch of rygel
(that comes with a media-renderer) and gupnp-av-cp (in gupnp-tools) or
any other tool that is a MediaRenderer and a ControlPoint (but be aware
that some devices only claim to be that or are only able to act like
those in very special circumstances)