Re: Rust+GNOME Hackfest #3 ?

Hello everyone,

At this point I think it's not much use trying to reroute people who already bought tickets, we will hold a hackfest with whoever shows up, even if it's just me, Javier, Federico and Philippe.

Myself, Salvador and Fernando from Mozilla have been chasing venues for weeks now, this difficulty is not common specially in Madrid, but for some reason every single thing that could have gone wrong have gone wrong.

We're currently waiting for Microsoft, IBM and some other univesity to confirm, and we have a fallback at the OpenShine office. I'm really sorry it has taken so long, we will get back to you soon, but with easter in the middle it's going to be difficult before next week to get a word from anyone.

An alternative I suggested after Sebastian told us he couldn't make it was to simply cancel this event and simply schedule the next one a long time in advance so we won't have the same issues we had with this one.

Hi,

On 28 March 2018 at 12:51, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:
> Federico already booked tickets though, and I believe other people did too,
> perhaps we can settle on a somewhat centric hotel, public transport is
> generally okay so it should not be too bad regardless of where we host

Tell that to Guillaume, he doesn't want to travel within the city at all. :)

Alex said he has no issues changing his tickets, Guillaume and I
haven't booked yet.

We are unclear about Federico though. He didnt respond on IRC but
hoping he will reply here once he is awake. :)

>. Is
> not like Berlin will be cheaper accommodation wise at this point.

According to Guillaume, it is generally much cheaper. I can also host
1-2 people.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali