Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] gmenu, plugins and you

Jonathan,

  I would like to express my utter amazement and deep disappointment that you made this decision.

From what I can see, there was no warning about this.  This really does break several very useful external plugins including my plugin CoverArt Browser.

End-users do not understand why their favourite plugins fail to work when they upgrade.

I fail to see how external devs are supposed to keep backward compatibility with older versions of Rhythmbox (for example v2.96 used on Ubuntu 12.04 for the next 4 years) as well as new versions of Rhythmbox v2.99.

I thought the bad old days of constant API changes were over.

Deeply disappointed - and at the moment, quite disillusioned :(

David