Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] A couple suggestions

With the tree browser and cover art on the left, there isn't much room for the play queue, especially if it gets pretty long. I'm trying to give the queue as much room as possible, and since context pane is really the only thing the right panel is used for, I figured it would be a good place to put it.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Lachlan de Waard <lachlan 00 gmail com> wrote:
On 23 February 2011 05:10, Damien Radtke <damienradtke gmail com> wrote:
> The queue doesn't jump from the left to the right; if it's displayed at all,
> it's on the right, and shares the same panel as context pane. I tested it
> with context pane, and if both are active then they each take up half of the
> sidebar. The only problem is that removing one hides the entire sidebar, but
> it can be fixed by toggling the queue a couple times.
>
> When hidden, the play queue is just a menu item above Music, in the tree
> browser on the left pane.
>
> To make it clearer, here are a couple pictures of the result:
>
> Regular Rhythmbox: http://i.imgur.com/6KzKt.png
> Play queue on right side: http://i.imgur.com/d6HlF.png

Why on the right?
If I really wanted more space out of the left panel I'd rather change
the tree browser.

I usually just have it hidden and drag down a bit when I want something.
A menu with all the browser options or maybe even a combo box would be
better for people who rarely switch from 'Music'.