[Rhythmbox-devel] A couple suggestions
- From: Damien Radtke <damienradtke gmail com>
- To: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: [Rhythmbox-devel] A couple suggestions
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 00:04:43 -0600
I built Rhythmbox 0.13.3 from source, and after a little bit looking at the source code, made some changes that fix a couple of my long-standing pet peeves:
- When the play queue finishes, stop playing rather than return to the previously-selected song. This is how players like Banshee work, and I know that when my play queue empties, I expect the player to stop playing
- Move the play queue sidebar to the right side, when visible. This gives much more room to see the tree browser, cover art, and queue, although currently telling Rhythmbox to hide the queue hides the entire right panel
Another idea I have that I haven't implemented yet is to bind control+double-click (or shift+double-click) to add a song to the queue instead of play it right away.
Does anyone see these changes as useful? I wouldn't mind creating a patch to be included in the next release, if these are things the dev team would like to see.
] [Thread Prev