Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GSoC 2010: DACP (iPhone Remote) Support for Rhythmbox

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:36 AM, W. Michael Petullo <mike flyn org> wrote:
>> I just wanted to let you know about my Google Summer of Code project, which
>> is to implement support for DACP, aka iPhone & iPod touch Remote, to
>> Rhythmbox. The coding officially starts this week so I've setup a WIki to
>> show the progress (also because GSoC admins required ;)
>> http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2010/AlexandreRosenfeld_Rhythmbox
>> Hopefully this gets into Rhythmbox soon.
>
> I am the Google Summer of Code mentor for Alexandre's project. I
> would like Alexandre's work to target libdmapsharing so that any GNOME
> application may use his DACP functionality. Rhythmbox does not yet use
> libdmapsharing for its DAAP implementation. I have submitted a patch
> [1] that changes this. I have since been working with Jonathan Matthew
> to refine the patch.

I've just pushed the latest version of the patch to git master.
Rhythmbox now requires libdmapsharing 1.9.0.20 for DAAP support.

There may well still be some regressions, though everything works
reasonably well for me, so more testing would be welcome.