Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GSoC 2010: DACP (iPhone Remote) Support for Rhythmbox

>> I am the Google Summer of Code mentor for Alexandre's project. I
>> would like Alexandre's work to target libdmapsharing so that any GNOME
>> application may use his DACP functionality. Rhythmbox does not yet use
>> libdmapsharing for its DAAP implementation. I have submitted a patch
>> [1] that changes this. I have since been working with Jonathan Matthew
>> to refine the patch.

>> The patch is starting to get mature and I would appreciate feedback from
>> anyone who is willing to test it. The Bugzilla entry contains instructions
>> that describe what is needed to build Rhythmbox with the patch.

> Would that work using the latest libdmapsharing tarball, or is master
> necessary?

I just released libdmapsharing 1.9.0.19. This version may be used with
the most recent Rhythmbox patch (27 May 10) in lieu of Git master.

> I might want to get libdmapsharing into Fedora if the patch is going to
> be merged at some point.

I updated the Fedora 12, 13 and Rawhide libdmapsharing packages to
1.9.0.19. See Koji / Bodhi for these updates.

--
Mike

:wq