Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [Libre-fm] scrobble free 0.3 released

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 23:49 +0200, giopas wrote:
> I'm testing the plugin both on last.fm and on libre.fm and it works
> great (Debian SID, Rhythmbox 0.12.0). The only thing I've noticed so
> far is that the plugin (or sites) uses a different timing to display
> playing song: after a third/quarter of song for last.fm and after the
> end of the song for libre.fm.

At the moment, Scrobble Free sends playing notification 10s into the
song so it doesn't spam the servers if you are flicking quickly though
tracks. It then only sends the actual scrobble right at the end of the
track, since that turns off the "Listening Now" notification on the web
site, and you don't want that happening until it the track is actually
finished.

I think RB's official plugin does something similar, but sends the
scrobble earlier and it doesn't seem to get the timing of the now
playing notification right.

So it sounds like you have both plugins enabled. The last.fm plugin is
scrobbling 3/4 through the track and scrobble free doing so at the end.
Last.fm will ignore the duplicate scrobble from scrobble free, so in the
end it looks like the timing is different.

/Mike

--
⎊ Michael Gratton. "Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat."
⎈ <http://web.vee.net/>