[Rhythmbox-devel] Need continous streaming across VPN to keep music playing

I love rhythmbox by the way.

Short explanation:

I need streaming with rhythmbox on ubuntu 8.10 at the university to my Opensolaris Openvpn server at home to be more continuous instead of infrequent and quick.  Rbox or gstreamer streams a lot quickly but doesn't realize that my comcast cable connection at home can't stream quickly and infrequently; thus, the mp3s freeze.  I need it to stream like youtube where the whole video comes down continuously.  How can I configure rbox or gstreamer to work in this way?  I understand that xine and amarok offer this functionality but I'd prefer to use rhythmbox.

-Jim McAndrew

There's no such thing as a free lunch. - Milton Friedman