Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Fwd: VS: Stop button

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 15:11 +0300, Mika Wahlroos wrote:
> If we had a stop button and you first hit stop, selected a different
> source, highlighted a song from that other source (with a single click)
> and hit play again, it still wouldn't start playing the track you just
> highlighted, because the play, next, previous etc. buttons in Rhythmbox
> don't work in relation to what you have highlighted in the list. It
> would just start playing the first track from that source (or random
> track if you had shuffle on). I think that's where the root of the
> confusion is in this case. The controls work in relation to the
> currently playing track (and source), not to the track that is
> highlighted in the list.

This might be less confusing if the current playing source was better
highlighted somehow in the sources list, rather than by just making it
bold as at the moment. Perhaps a Now Playing column could be added, much
like the library does or by having an appropriate icon appended to the
end of the playing source's name.

/Mike

--
⎊ Michael Gratton. "Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat."
⎈ <http://web.vee.net/>