Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Suggested Features

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Mats Taraldsvik
<mats taraldsvik broadpark no> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 03:44 -0400, Tommy Ryan wrote:
>> I really like Rhythmbox. I have a couple suggestions of features to add.
>> I was unsure what the best way to do that is.
>>
>> 1. Video support - I know alot have suggested this
>
> Why would Rhythmbox need video support? Totem, VLC, MPlayer does this.

Because of music video clips, video podcasts, etc. And Totem, VLC,
Mplayer already play music, so why do we need Rhythmbox?

>> 2. Equalizer - I like increasing the bass
>> 3. Multiple Libraries - I do a good job organizing my music but think
>> having another library might help out.
>
> I think there is some sort of partial support for it, cause you can add
> more paths in gconf.

I don't see the reason behind multiple libraries. A better solution
would be better filtering of [automatic] playlists.

>> 4. Sync - Automatically sync with mp3 players, and ipods.
>
> Syncing playlists, then? What about podcasts?

Adding to that, a generic vfs plugin for syncing would be a good idea.
Add a path to a directory you want to add songs (or sync). That
directory can be on a harddrive, mass storage, obex, etc ... Good
solution for all those phones out there, with massive storage
capacity.