Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Plugin installation location

Hello

> After spending half the summer working on a plugin for predictive
> playback ("In the Mood"), I've finally got something that seems ready
> for a preliminary release.

Good, any blog/source repository where your progress can be followed ?

>  However, I'm not sure of the best way to
> set up the installation configuration (especially since I'm just
> learning how to use autotools etc).

Don't hesitate to ask on #rhythmbox if you need help with the
autotools, I should be online most of the (european) day.

> My plugin is written in Python, but it uses a couple of C++
> executables.  Should all of this be installed in
> ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins, or /usr/local/lib/rhythmbox/plugins

I'd put everything in /usr/local/lib/rhythmbox/plugins by default. Are
you integrating this plugin as a patch to rhythmbox sources or are you
planning to ship it in a separate tarball ?

Great to see your project is progressing nicely :)

Christophe