Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post-Amarok questions: related songs and auto-scoring

Marcin Kasperski wrote:
I recently jumped from KDE to Gnome (KDE4 is not to my liking), so I
try using rhythmbox instead of amarok. I mostly miss two functions of
amarok, so I'd like to ask whether they are available somehow (maybe
by some plugins?):

- automatical scoring (songs are automatically scored according to my
  listening habits, if I listen the song to the end, its score
  increases, if I jump to the next song or stop after few seconds its
  score lowers, ratios are accumulated (multiplied?) when I get the
  same song multiple times. That's fantastic feature, after some time
I have my songs nicely scored without any effort. Again: does anything similar exists for rhythmbox?

That's actually a clever idea. But then, what happens if you're away from your computer and it's left playing? I'd think you'd end up skewing the results. Oh well it's still interesting. And I don't know of anything in rhythmbox that works that way. You can use a gnome applet however so you easily rate stuff while keeping your player in the background. I think it's just called "Music Applet" or something.