Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post-Amarok questions: related songs and auto-scoring

>> - automatical scoring (songs are automatically scored according to my
>>   listening habits, if I listen the song to the end, its score
>>   increases, if I jump to the next song or stop after few seconds its
>>   score lowers, ratios are accumulated (multiplied?) when I get the
>>   same song multiple times. That's fantastic feature, after some time
>>   I have my songs nicely scored without any effort.    Again: does
>> anything similar exists for rhythmbox?
>>
> That's actually a clever idea.  But then, what happens if you're away
> from your computer and it's left playing?

Some songs will get high score from this run. If they are poor, I will
skip them on other runs.

> I'd think you'd end up skewing the results.

Nobody claims those results are to be perfect. But having used amarok
for quite a long time, I can say that ratings which resulted are
fairly reasonable.

BTW, the default algorithm seems to be an easy one:
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/FAQ#How_are_track_scores_determined.3F

> And I don't know of anything in rhythmbox that works that way.

:-(

Is such a thing implementable as plugin?

> You can use a gnome applet however so you easily rate stuff while
> keeping your player in the background.

Tried a few times. No, I won't work on rating my songs, if I do not
like one, pressing (>>|) multimedia key is just enough work, and if I
like one, I won't bother locating something to click ;-)

| Marcin Kasperski   | A process that is too complex will fail.
| http://mekk.waw.pl |                  (Booch)